Friday 15 July 2016

A day in London

Friday 15 July 2016
Royal Academy


Regent Street





Carnaby Street


Liberty London


Oxford Street


At the weekend, my friend, mum and I went to London for the day.  It was meant to be a cultural trip to the Royal Academy art gallery, however inevitably we spent a lot of time going round the shops! I know this post is very picture heavy however I got carried away taking photos.

Currently, at the Royal Academy they have their annual summer exhibition. I'm not necessarily an art enthusiast but they did have some interesting pieces. We also had a look at the Hockney exhibition - a collection of portraits. But the main attraction for me was walking around Carnaby street. I think Carnaby has to be my all time favourite street in London - mainly because it has the only MAC store that stock loose pigments aha. Anyway the MAC there is definitely worth a visit and I included a picture of the Monki store as it looked amazing!

We didn't end up going into Liberty but I of course had to take a picture of the flowers! Even if your like me and can't afford anything in there, Liberty's is great to look around. By the end of the day we ended up on Oxford street and looked in a few of the shops; by that time my feet were hurting quite a bit. I couldn't forget to mention that whilst walking to Selfridges there was a girl playing the drums - she was amazing and her twitter is @bananadrummer. But there is always so much going on and lots of things to see in London especially as regent Street is traffic free every Sunday in July.

Hope you like this different type of post, although I still managed to mention makeup! Let me know if you've been to London or if there's anything you particularly like to do there.

-Beth


18 comments:

  1. London is gorgeous as ever! So glad you enjoyed your time there with your loves one, Beth <3 I love Carnaby St. as well ;)
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was of course - even if it was a bit grey initially! x

      Delete
  2. Your photos are so gorgeous! Sounds like you had an amazing day! xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That drummer was amazing! ;) x
    alicejlorna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always get very excited going to london!


    Georgia | The Weekend Attic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been in London but I hope to visit it someday.
    Amazing pictures!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Really make me miss London. I haven't been there in ages.

    www.saarasofia.com | Bloglovin’ 

    ReplyDelete
  7. London is my favorite! Looks like you had a great time! :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Brandy Melville!! Their tshirts are the softest things ever
    The stairs in Monki are so cool aren't they!

    Becca x
    http://www.beccasfashionandlife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some lovely photos here! Great post!

    Darriyan xx
    www.darriyancateland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. London is so lovely, isn't it! Glad to hear you enjoyed your time there, hun. <3 Thanks for sharing these photos with us - totally drooling over the MAC shadows! <3 x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete

Beth Abigail © 2014